Looking for tips for moving during COVID-19? We’ve got you covered. Moving is no one’s favorite activity, especially during a pandemic. Keep reading for some great guidelines that will make things easier and safer for you.
Decluttering Helps Things Stay Safe
Moving is always easier when you declutter, but during the pandemic, it makes everything a little safer, too. The fewer things you have to touch or trips you have to make on moving day, the better! So take some time to declutter early on in the packing process.
One of our favorite tips for moving is to ask yourself these questions as you sort through your possessions:
- Is this item something I use regularly?
- If not, is it something I love?
- Am I keeping this out of obligation or expectation?
- Am I holding onto this because I think I should love it?
- Am I saving this just in case?
- Do I have multiples of the same thing?
- Could something else I own do the same job?
- Am I holding onto a broken item to fix one day?
- Is this item worth the time I spend cleaning/sorting it?
- Could I use this space for something else?
You Can Use Contactless Moving Services
Just because you’re being cautious doesn’t mean you have to do everything alone! You can get help for every step of the moving process with contactless moving services. Do a little research into the moving company you’d like to use and see if they provide virtual estimates or deliver moving supplies.
Before moving day, label rooms and boxes to help make the process seamless for the moving team. Then on the big day, you can hang out outside, put your feet up, and let the professionals take care of everything.
Deep Cleaning Is Essential
Do you ever get frustrated at the furniture, decor, and other items that make it harder to give your home a good clean? Well, before you unpack at your new place, you’ve got a blank slate to deep clean to your heart’s content! This will help make sure any germs from the old tenants are gone.
Check out these resources to help you get your new home nice and sanitized:
- Household cleaning and sanitizing guidelines from the CDC
- Disinfectants that work on the Coronavirus from the EPA
- Tips for daily, weekly, and monthly speed-cleaning for germs
Moving is a great opportunity to restart with a clean slate. During COVID, take that up to a new level by making things extra clean—metaphorically and literally! Follow our tips for moving, and you’ll have a great experience. We wish you all the best in this new chapter of your life!